Complete Syllabus of SBI Probationary Officer 2017 for Phase I & II
Many of readers are waiting for SBI PO Notification 2017 and finally, SBI has released the Notification for Recruiting 2313 Probationary Officers in 2017-18. Click here for Notification & Apply Online.
Now Aspirants are asking the same Questions that "What is Full Syllabus of SBI Probationary Officer 2017 for Phase I & II". So here in this post, we sharing the Full Syllabus of SBI Probationary Officer 2017 for Phase I & II. You may check it.
State Bank of India has initiated recruitment process for Probationary Officers. The recruitment will be conducted for 2313 Vacant Posts. Bank4Study has brought Full Syllabus of SBI Probationary Officer 2017 for Phase I & II for ease of candidates. These post will help the candidates in going through the exam pattern.
Any eligible candidate, who aspires to join State Bank of India as a Probationary Officer, is required to register online for the Recruitment Process. The examination will be held in two phases - preliminary and main. Candidates who will qualify in preliminary examination and shortlisted will have to appear for the main examination and shortlisted candidates in the main examination will subsequently be called for a Group Discussion & Interview.
Selection Procedure of SBI Probationary Officers
In recruitment process of SBI PO there are 3 phases. Which are given below:-
Phase-I: Preliminary Examination:
Preliminary Examination consisting of Objective Tests for 100 marks will be conducted online. This test would be of 1 hour duration consisting of 3 sections as follows:
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing passing marks to be decided by the Bank. An adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by the Bank (approximately 20 times the numbers of vacancies subject to availability) will be shortlisted for the Main Examination.
Phase – II: Main Examination:
Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks.
Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates will have to answer Descriptive Test by typing on the computer. Immediately after completion of Objective Test, Descriptive Test will be administered.
(I) Objective Test: The Objective Test of 3 hours duration consists of 4 sections for total 200 marks. The Objective Test will have separate timing for every section. The candidates are required to qualify in each of the tests by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
(ii) Descriptive Test: The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with 50 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay). The candidates are required to qualify in the Descriptive Test by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank. Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are placed adequately high as per total marks in Objective Test.
- Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Preliminary and Main examination)
Phase – III: Group Discussion (20 marks) & Interview (30 marks)
The aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in both the Objective Tests and the Descriptive Test will be arranged in descending order in each category. An adequate number of candidates in each category, as decided by the Bank will be called for Group Discussion and Interview. The qualifying marks in Group Discussion & Interview will be as decided by the Bank.
- The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be added for the selection and only the marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II), both in Objective Test and Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in GD & Interview (Phase-III) for the preparation of the final merit list.
- The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-II and Phase-III separately. Marks secured by the candidates in the Written Test (out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 and marks secured in Group Discussion & Interview (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25. The final merit list is arrived at after aggregating converted marks of Written Test and Group Discussion &Interview out of 100 for each category. The selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates in each category.
Syllabus of SBI PO 2017-2018
Syllabus for both Phases I & II are almost same but the level of Phase II will be much Difficult.
SBI PO English Language Syllabus
- Grammar (Nouns, Pronouns, Verbs, Adjectives, Adverbs, Prepositions)
- Sentence Rearrangements
- Cloze Test
- Fill in the Blanks (with modals, articles and etc)
- Sentences Errors
- Reading Comprehensions.
- General English Language E-Book by RS Aggarwal
SBI PO Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus (Moderate to Difficult) :-
- Percentage - Click Here
- Profit & Loss - Click Here
- Average - Click Here
- Ratio & Proportion
- Partnership - Click Here
- Time & Distance - Click Here
- Problems on Trains
- Boat and Streams
- Time and Work
- Simple & Compound Interest - Click Here
- Problems on Age
- Permutations and Combinations
- Volume and Surface Area
- Area of Plain Figures
- Pipes & Cisterns - Click Here
- Data Sufficiency
- Quantitative Aptitude Complete E-book by M.Tyra Quicker Maths BSC Publication
SBI PO Reasoning Syllabus (High Level) :-
- Blood Relations - Click Here
- Coding and Decoding - Click Here
- Series Completion - Click Here
- Venn Diagrams
- Machine Input - Click Here
- Seating Arrangements - Click Here
- Puzzles - Click Here
- Inequalities - Click Here
- Decision Making
- Assertion And Reason - Click Here
- Statements – Assumption
- Statements – Conclusion
- Causes & Effects, Directions
SBI PO Computer Aptitude Syllabus :-
- Computer Basics & History - Click Here
- Types of Computers - Click Here
- Parts of Computer
- Computer Generations - Click Here
- Components of Computer (Input, Control Unit, Memory Unit, Arithmetic Logic Unit, Output)
- Peripheral Devices (Input devices & Output devices)
- Software (System & Application Software) & Hardware
- Computer Memory (Cache Memory, Primary Memory/Main Memory & Secondary Memory)
- Data Processing
- Operating system (Windows XP, Windows 7 and etc)
- Basic MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PPT, MS Outlook),
- Data Base Management Systems
- Computer Networks
- Data Communication
- Security (VIRUS & Antivirus)
- Computer Aptitude Notes & Sets - Click Here
SBI PO General/Economy/Banking Awareness Syllabus
A). Banking Awareness - Click Here for Notes
B). General Awareness / Current Affairs - (Must Read last 3 Months G.K)
- Daily Current Affairs
- Books and Authors
- Award Winners
- Famous Personality in News
- Bank CMD/CEO & Taglines
- International Organisations Head & headquarters
- Cabinet Ministers of India
- C.M & Governors of States of India
- Capital & Currency of Countries
- Finance & Banking News
- New Appointment in India & World
- Summit & Meeting
- Important Dates
- Schemes & Yojanas Launched - Click Here
- Bill Passed
- Partiyogita Darpan Current Affairs in PDF- Click Here
SBI PO Data Analysis and Interpretation Syllabus (High Level)
- Bar diagrams
- Pie charts
- Table charts
- Line Graphs
- Mixed Graphs
- Data Interpretation based on Puzzles
- Click Here for High Level DI Sets in PDFs
Friends, Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
- SBI PO Previous Year Question Papers With Answer Key - Download Here
- SBI Probationary Officer Previous Year 2016 2015 2014 2013 2011 Cut Off Marks - Check Here
- Disha's Comprehensive Guide to SBI Bank PO Preliminary & Main Exam -
- SBI Bank Preliminary & Main PO Exam 20 Practice Sets Workbook with Online Tests -
- A Modern Approach To Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning Revised Edition (English, Paperback, R. S. Aggarwal)
- SBI & IBPS Bank PO Solved Papers - 26 papers 1 Edition
- SBI & State Bank Associates Probationary Officer Exam Solved Papers 2000 - 2015
- Magical Book On Quicker Maths (English) 4th Edition (Paperback, M Tyra)